Monday 14 May 2012

Bonfire, anyone?

Right now I'm taking a break from the Dragon Egg character, and I'm starting to work on more so the modelling aspect. I've come to realize (finally) that there are certain things I'm going to be better at doing when I try to tackle them. For one, it's become apparent to me that perhaps rigging and weighting are not my specialty; that I'm better at modelling and animating in Maya, for 3D works. Texturing may not be my strongest suit either, but I've been discovering new things I can do with the texture files that are within Maya. I guess this is what people call, "finding where your skills are allocated". I must have messed up on a skill roll somewhere (Dungeons & Dragons joke).

Anyways, as I said, I'm currently working on modelling. I'm in the process of making a little campsite. Bonfire, rocks, sticks with marsh mellows and maybe a tent or cabin. The logs for the fire are made right now and I've been playing with the fire a little bit, but it needs to be played with a bit more so I can get it the way I want. Once I get the fire done, I'll post a little video of the fire animation. But for now, here are the logs.


No comments:

Post a Comment