Saturday 14 April 2012

Moving On

The school year is coming to an end for me, with my interview being held at 8:30 AM on Wednesday morning. I have to say, the past two years of staying in Truro at the NSCC college has been a wonderful experience. I've learned so much about animation in my two years taking the Digital Animation program, but I know it won't stop there. I won't ever stop learning, as programs are always updating and people are always coming up with new ways to create. Never the less, I am determined to stay in practice and continue having fun with what I do.

A couple of days ago I sent off my application to the Department of National Defense Internship (DND). The application was due the 13th or April at midnight, but I made sure to get mine done and send it off the Thursday before after supper. From now on, I'll be working on my demo reel/portfolio for 3D work. I think once I home that I might try modeling simple dinosaurs with rigging, weighting and texturing. For starters, I'll use my scenes from our production "The Kiss" and some of my better work from throughout the year. I think modeling on my own time now should be fun. At some point, I'll post up our video with labels saying who did what scenes. I'll probably post my scenes separate as well, just to keep them as my own work.

Till then, I'll post my college experience illustration. I really enjoyed painting it in my cute style, as it looks different without the lines. The three at the bottom are my family: Mom, Dad and my brother Alex. My family is my main support, believing in me and what I choose to do, like stone columns. My dear friend, Morgan, who is hanging off the tablet cord is another supporter, helping me when I need it most. Another supporter is my roommate of this year and also my dear friend, Mary, located on the painter swing. She helps me along with my art and gives me just the right criticism for me to improve. The guy in the yellow shirt is of course my boyfriend, Tanner. He is incredibly important to me and is very supportive in what I do. And of course, the girl in the green hoodie with horns and a tail is me. Everything in the red paint is something I've done or something that is me. The juice box is a representation of my nickname (Juicebox), the ginger boy is the main character for our 3D production who I did the modeling for, and then there is a rough sketch of Murphy the Trucker who is chasing a cupcake. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment